What is it?
Endometriosis is the presence of functioning endometrial tissue outside of the lining of the uterus (where it belongs). It is a common cause of infertility, which can be its only symptom. But, most women with endometriosis experience menstrual cramping and chronic pelvic pain with varying severity. Often there is history of shortened menstrual cycles (less than 28 days), heavy menstrual flow, and menses lasting longer than 7 days. The medical cause of this condition is unknown.
• Family history of endometriosis is common
• First-degree relatives have a 7-fold increased risk
• May experience spotting between menses
• Can cause infertility due to blocked fallopian tubes
• Pain with intercourse can occur
• Pain during menstruation is common
• Some may experience chronic pelvic pain throughout the month
How do we treat it?
In women of menstrual age, menses is an additional method for the body to eliminate. Women with endometriosis demonstrate a dysfunction in this natural process. Thus, we work with your body’s pathways of elimination to optimize detoxification and elimination through other pathways such as the liver and digestive tract, urinary tract, and lungs. In addition, we treat your endocrine system to optimize hormone processing and balance. On a mental level, many with endometriosis find that they have a tendency to wall-off and store emotional experiences, just as the endometrial cysts are deposited in unlikely places. Our personalized treatment plan will assist with detoxification and elimination on all levels.