Ideally you have somewhere between months to a week to prepare for your surgery. The reason being is that we want to make sure we are able to…
1. Clean up your liver. Your liver is the bodies ultimate detoxifier and will be responsible for eliminating anesthesia toxins, internal toxins that were produced during the time of injury, lifestyle toxins that come from the foods we eat, the air we breath, the habits we may have like smoking, drinking, exercise toxins, the pharmaceuticals or supplements we choose to take and the hormones are body produces. The liver can often feel extremely overloaded after a surgery, so preparing the liver by cleansing it prior to surgery, then again after, is a great way to prevent other physical or mental-emotional imbalances.
2. High antioxidants. This brings extra oxygen to the tissues, aids against free radical damage and helps with tissue healing.
3. Nutrient rich diet plan. A Nutrient rich diet is important all the time, but especially important before and after surgery. Whether it’s ligaments, tendons, bones or tissue that is healing after a surgery, having a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and high quality fats and proteins is imperative. We also want to make sure your diet is absent of inflammatory foods such as sugar, processed foods, gluten, corn and alcohol. These foods leech calcium from bone, they create internal inflammation, which delays the healing process and it impairs your immune system from working at its full potential to prevent any post-operation complications.
4. Arnica 200k- 1LM for pain. This is a great homeopathic remedy for pain and bruising. Be sure to ask your Naturopathic Doctor how to properly dose the arnica before and after surgery so you do not have any negative side effects (proving of the remedy).
5. Specific remedies for you that will help prep your body for an easy and successful surgery and recovery period! For example: When I broke my big toe (and remember it’s not the toe that we see but part of the foot), I sprained my ankle and damaged my three main outer ankle stabilizers (peronius brevis, peronius longus and calcanofibular ligaments). In order to have my surgery on-time and also to prevent future ankle complications, I did a round of Unda’s and ligament support.
*** Unda’s are a set of combination homeopathic and botanical remedies that help restore the natural function of the targeted organ system (heart, lung, musculoskeletal, kidney, liver, pancreas, central nervous system, ect).