The greatest gift we can give to our friends, family and unknown connections on the East Coast is love, support and knowledge. I say unknown connections because often times we think the only people that matter, the only people that we can truly impact and the only people that we are effected by are our heart felt connections, but truth is, we are all connected and our unknown connections are just as important, impactful and effected(ing) as your deepest love.
Knowledge. Love and support is key. Opening our hearts and hands to the world is what keeps us functioning with strength, courage and grace. Knowledge is also a very powerful tool. With knowledge of what is available to us, it is knowledge that creates a choice. We have the ability to make the best decision that is in greatest alignment with our higher selves that will serve us and the greater good. My gift of knowledge to you and our East Coast friends is the top 5 Naturopathic Medical Tool To Have Available During a Disaster.
Top 5 Natural Remedies to Have Around the House In Times of Disaster (or it’s aftermath)
Besides the standard requirements of canned food, generated electricity (flashlights, extra batteries, generators, candles, camping stoves, stereo, cell phone always powered up), clean water, warm cloths (even in warm places), having your gas tank filled over half way full 100% of the time during extreme weather, here are the top 5 medical remedies to have available to you and those close by.
1. First Aid Kit (Calendula cream for burns, stings, scraps and cuts to aid in healing and disinfection; Butterfly Band-Aids for deeper wounds that can not receive immediate attention; Super glue to glue the skin together in times of need for deeper wounds; Witch Hazel with EtoH used as an astringent and disinfectant that can also stop bleeding.)
2. Immu-gen (combination of three herbs that aid in boosting your immune system to fight skin infections and internal infections in time of extreme stress due to weather, emotional tension, contaminated food or/ water sources and more.)
3. Arnica 200k (for physical trauma). Only a one time dose.
4. Five Flower Formula- consult your Naturopath and have a small bottle on your shelf or in your first aid kit at home. Great to help calm nerves for those who tend toward hysteric episodes during disasters. Aids in the relief of trauma to calm those whose heightened emotions could cause more harm than helpful good.
5. Dr. Wolford’s Home Remedies Hand Book- In the event you run out of store bought items, learn to use what you have in the house for medicinal purposes. Ex: cinnamon. A common house hold ingredient. Also great to put on wounds that will not stop bleeding. Ginger tea to help with digestion, warm the body and increase fever in time of need to fight infection. And more…