With the quick change in weather, the body often needs a little nutritious boost!
A great soup receipe that can help keep you or your kiddos healthy and fight fall and winter time sickness and the blues is Dr. Michelle’s Healing Broth!
Remember, food is medicine!
– 1 head of kale chopped (great way to get B vitamins)
– 1 cup mushrooms (great immune booster)
– 2 stalks celery (great for heart health and circulation, also a diuretic)
– chopped parsley and cilantro (antimicrobial and detoxifying for the gut)
– Squeeze of lemon
– Organic free-range chicken broth or/ soak bone marrow in a pot of boiling water for 1 hour. (extract minerals from the bone- helps heal your own internal tissues/organs)
– Clove of garlic (anti-microbial and great for heart health and circulation)
– Chopped ginger (antimicrobial, antiinflammatory and great for upset tummy, liver health and circulation)
Soak bone marrow in a low-heat pot with 6 cups of water. Add 4 garlic cloves and 1 tbsp of ginger. After 1 hour…add 1 head of chopped kale, 1 cup of shitake or other mushrooms, 2 stalks of chopped celery. Add parsley and cilantro to your liking. Allow to stew for 1 more hour. Add a squeeze of lemon and red pepper flakes if you like it spicey! Have several bowls throughout the day. You can even put it in a blender and drink it as a veggie smoothy!