The best way to goal set for 2012 is to take it step by step! No 1 year, 2 year plans….well, you can certainly have a goal or plan in mind, but lets think short term and then you will be surprised at how easy it feels to meet those long term goals!
Goal Setting Tips for a Successful 2012:
1. Set SMALL GOALS…. so you can be successful!!!
2. Set “by when’s” to hold yourself accountable. (I want to finish Rosetta Stone Spanish Level 1 by March 1, 2012)
3. Sit with your goals and “feel into it!” Ask yourself, “is this really in alignment with me and what I ultimately want to create for myself?”
4. Really envision yourself meeting that goal- what can you take from that “vision” as a motivating reminder?
5. Tell somebody so they can hold you accountable too!
PS- Common goals- weight loss, fall in love, make more money, try new things… Lets goal set with some keys in mind
Here are mine, for example!
Ultimate Goal: Fluent in Spanish by Dec 2012 for my trip to Cartagena, Colombia
How to get there: Finish Rosetta Stone Spanish Level 1 by March 1, 2012, Level 2 by May 1, 2012, Level 3 by July 1, 2012, Level 4 by Sept 1, 2012, Level 5 by Dec 1 2012!
Try it yourself!